Do you wish to legally end your marriage or civil partnership, or do you need to respond to a marriage petition online?

If you need digital support, we can help you fill out the application. 

Find out more information below.


Can you get a divorce?

You can get divorced in England or Wales if you’ve been married for over a year, your relationship has permanently broken down and if your marriage is legally recognised in the UK (including same-sex marriage).

How to apply

To apply for a divorce you’ll need:

  • yours and your husband or wife’s full name and address
  • your original marriage certificate or a certified copy (and a certified translation if it’s not in English)
  • proof of your name change if you’ve changed it since you got married - for example your marriage certificate or a deed poll

Making a joint application with your husband or wife

You can make a joint application if both of the following apply:

  • you both agree that you should get a divorce
  • you’re not at risk of domestic abuse

Applying for a divorce on your own

Make a sole application if either of the following apply:

  • your husband or wife does not agree you should get a divorce
  • you do not think your husband or wife will cooperate or respond to notifications from the court


There’s a £593 fee to apply for a divorce.

You can get help with courts and tribunal fees.

If you are getting a divorce and need support filling out the online form...

You CAN find Digital Support for filling out these forms online. 



  • You may not be able to confidently use a digital device.
  • You may not be confident in filling out forms online independently.
  • You may not have access to a device.

If any of these apply to you contact us!

Contact us

phone-icon-1-1 03300 16 00 51

 Text IconFORM to 60777